Jeep Heavy Duty Steering Kit Jeep TJ/LJ/XJ/ZJ Synergy MFG
Synergy Jeep TJ/LJ/XJ/ZJ, MJ Heavy Duty Steering Kit is a larger and stronger, Bolt On replacement for stock steering. No reaming or drilling of the steering knuckles is required. This is a direct Bolt On kit. We modeled the geometry of this steering after the stock Y-Style steering. We did this for a couple of reasons. Y-Style steering minimizes bump steer (compared to T-style), and by keeping the front wheels separated, helps prevent death wobble. There will be some toe change, but it will not adversely affect driving and there won't be any more toe change than there was with the stock steering. The complete kit includes a new Tie Rod, Drag Link, Steering Stabilizer Clamp, and all new HD Metal on Metal Tie Rod Ends. The Tie Rod is made from 1-3/8 inch 4130 Chromoly steel and is Heat Treated for maximum strength. The Drag Link is made from 1-3/8 inch 1018 Solid Bar to eliminate any deflection. Both parts are finished with an abrasion-resistant Powdercoat finish for maximum durability and corrosion resistance. The Drag Link features our Double Adjuster Assembly allowing for adjustment of the Drag Link length without removal from the vehicle and the Tie Rod features Left Hand and Right Hand opposing threads to allow for adjustment of the Tie Rod length without removal from the vehicle. Fits vehicles with 2-6 inch of lift and requires a minimum of 2 inch front bump stop spacers. A single plane tie rod end is now included at the knuckle end of the Drag Link to prevent unwanted misalignment (flop) of the steering system.
- 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2004-2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ
- 1987-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1987-1992 Jeep Comanche MJ
- Drag Link is bent to clear factory axle brackets and is compatible from stock to 6 inch lifted vehicles
- Synergy Double Adjuster Sleeve: allows adjustment of Drag Link length without removing it from the vehicle.
- Suspension components feature an abrasive resistant Powdercoat finish for maximum durability and corrosion resistance.
- 100 percent bolt on components assures an easy, trouble free installation with the use of basic hand tools.
- Drag Link is made from 1-3/8 inch 1018 Solid Bar
- Comes with Synergy HD metal on metal tie rod ends, 4135-L and 4137-L
- Strongest Drag Link on the market!
- Tie Rod is made from 1-3/8 inch 4130 Chromoly and Heat Treated for maximum strength
- Comes with Synergy HD metal on metal tie rod ends, 4135-L and 4135-R
- Features LH and RH opposing threads to allow adjustment of tie rod length without removal from vehicle
Steering Stabilizer Clamp:
- CNC extruded and machined from 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Black anodized for maximum corrosion resistance
- Designed to mount factory and aftermarket steering stabilizers using a 1/2 inch bolt to the Drag Link
- We recommend the FOX-985-24-145 IFP Steering Stabilizer be used with this steering kit
- The TJ stabilizer does not have the proper ends for mounting with our kit while the JK stabilizer does
Requirements and Fitment:
- Wheel back spacing requirements:
- 15 inch wheel - max 3.75 inch
- 16 inch wheel - max 4.00 inch
- 17 inch wheel - max 4.50 inch
- Minimum of 2 inch front bump stop spacers required
- Fits vehicles with 2-6 inch of lift
- 2-4 inch of Lift must use stock pitman arm
- 4.5 inch-6 inch of Lift must use drop pitman arm