TJ Defender XC High-Line Front Fenders 3 Inch Tapered Flare Bare Steel Pair 14-02-093 Poison Spyder
Poison Spyders DeFender XCs provide eXtreme Clearance for big tires without having to install a tall lift, maintaining a Low Center of Gravity (LCOG) and the performance benefits that come along with it. Like our standard DeFenders the XCs are constructed entirely of CNC laser cut, brake-formed 3/16 inch plate steel for strength and style that old school tube fenders just can't match.
The DeFender XCs provide Extreme Clearance! Like with the standard DeFenders, the back of the wheel opening is approximately 2-1/2 inches further back compared to typical tube fenders, and about 4 inches further back than the stock Jeep flares.
But the wheel opening on the XCs is 3 inch higher than standard DeFenders, providing Massive Tire Clearance with minimal lift! While there are specific considerations to address with any particular Jeep, in most cases you should be able to run 37 inch tires with no suspension lift, and 40s with just couple inches of lift!
The DeFender XC with 3 inch Tapered Flare was designed for maximum performance in several aspects. First, it provides the same splash protection of our regular 3 inch flare, keeping mud and debris from splashing up onto the side of the Jeep. But rather than having a straight side, the edge of the flare tapers inward toward the front of the Jeep, in a line parallel to the tapered edge of the hood.
In this manner it tapers from 3 inches at the back, to about the same width as our Zero Flare at the front, providing the same great clearance for articulating tires and tight trails that our Zero Flare provides. This Fender will require modification to the factory hood and Poison Spyders DeFender XC Inner Fenders P/N 14-02-099 to complete installation.
- 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited
- High-line design provides the ultimate in clearance for huge tires and suspension articulation (requires trimming hood)
- Fabricated entirely of heavy duty 3/16 inch plate steel, CNC laser cut and brake-formed
- 3 inch Tapered Flare provides tire coverage and spash protection at the rear of the wheel but tapers at the front for better clearance on tight trails
- Bolt-in insert plate makes installation easy
- Installs by re-using stock inner fenders (outer fenders are cut away)
- Sold As A Pair
- Poison Spyder Customs Part Number: 14-02-093
- Position: Front
- Fitment: Direct Fit
- Finish: Bare Steel
- Type: DeFender Fender
- Installation Type: Cutting or Drilling Required